A blog for anyone who understands the joy of writing and receiving handwritten letters.


Saturday, September 25, 2010

Random letter-y pics

I haven't posted any pics for ages! Ok, so I like words... but pics are good, too. So here's some from the past few weeks that are kinda sorta related to letter-writing. You can decide by how much. :)


This is Daisy, the kitten we adopted last week. She helps me write letters ALL the time.


The stationery store in Potts Point, Sydney, that I might have raved about on one or two postcards. Here's a closer view:


And some goodies I picked up there:



I do a lot of letterwriting on the go, and this bag holds all the essentials. I love it.


And here I am, in a cafe, re-reading a letter from Jennifer before starting on my reply.


A letter on a fridge. I found this in the alley behind the cafe (on my way to the library). Bit hard to mail, hey?


A froggy-themed letter I sent my young nephew a little while ago:






My 'reply to' stack. This was taken almost a week ago, so the stack has changed a bit... but it hasn't got any shorter!


Now, I'd better get back to letterwriting!

Love from Kaz

8 comments:

  1. I can see my letter in the picture :) Have a nice day and write soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already done, Bruno! I think I mailed your letter on Wednesday or Thursday so I hope it will be with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment.. I don't think we're so different, especially now that I know you're a cat person and thirty-something too!!
    By the way, if you love stationery you NEED to go to Japan. There's a stationery shop there called Itoya that is something like 8 storeys just FULL of pens, paper, diaries... etc etc....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh i haven't hand written a letter in years!! i should get onto that :D
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx
    take a peek at my giveaway while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish i had your kitty! She's so cute! I also wish I had a reply stack. Out of 5 letters mailed 0 replies so far. Okay I guess the one I'm sending today doesn't count yet.
    I need to look for some more stationery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I so wish we had a stationery store here. We live within a half hour of a big city and still have no stationery store! I have had to resort to making my own stationery, but that takes up writing and blog time... Great blog thanks for sharing! Elle (artofaletter.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret - Yes, get into it. Feel free to write me a letter, to start you off.

    Rachel B - don't be too discouraged. I started out with a low hit rate, too. There are plenty of letter-lovers around here and on other sites, where you are more likely to find people who will write back. And feel free to write to me. I'm not fast, but I will write back.

    Elle - No stationery store in Yass either, which is why I was so chuffed when I just came across this one less than a block from my Sydney hotel. By the way, I love handmade stationery. :)

    ReplyDelete