A blog for anyone who understands the joy of writing and receiving handwritten letters.


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Quality over quantity

Yesteryday I learnt a lesson. I received only one letter... one little letter, thin and small. It came in a black envelope so I almost didn't even see it inside my post office box.

I looked on the back to see who it was from and am ashamed to say that I wasn't sure at first... Kate... in Canberra.... hmmm... I know a few Kates and at least two of them are in Canberra so it took another minute or so for the penny to drop.

I guess I wasn't expecting a letter from you, Kate. You had your beautiful baby nine months ago and that combined with some big lifestyle changes I've made in the last 12 months has seen us fall out of touch. Apart from seeing each other a little on facebook that is.

And it was via facebook that Kate had discovered my blog and decided to write.

Kate, your letter was short but very, very sweet. Yesterday, I learnt (or re-learnt) the lesson that quantity isn't everything when it comes to good mail. Your letter was so lovely and encouraging... it actually brought tears to my eyes.

Thank-you.

Love from Kaz

PS Today I received three lovely letters from Kestrel, Donna and Sine - thank-you girls. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Even the littlest note can mean so much, if it is unexpected and from someone you care about. YAY!

    ReplyDelete